NORTH HUNTINGDON, Pa.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The ExOne Firm (Nasdaq: XONE), the worldwide chief in industrial sand and metallic 3D printers utilizing binder jetting expertise, right this moment launches the broadest portfolio of industrial-grade 3D printed tooling out there — providing new options for plastic injection molding or forming, laying up composites, casting metals, and extra.
Already the worldwide leaders in promoting binder jet 3D printers for sand molds and cores for metalcasting purposes, ExOne is increasing its tooling portfolio following the beforehand introduced acquisition of property from Freshmade 3D in addition to profitable testing of recent 3D printed metallic tooling choices with world manufacturing prospects.
New X1 Tooling merchandise can be on show subsequent week at Chicago’s McCormick Place throughout Speedy + TCT, North America’s largest and most influential additive manufacturing occasion. ExOne can be positioned in sales space E7613.
“At this time’s launch of the X1 Tooling portfolio is the direct results of sturdy buyer demand for tooling choices that velocity up supply occasions and produce tooling nearer to the purpose of ultimate manufacturing, wherever that’s for them,” stated John Hartner, ExOne’s CEO.
“Because the COVID pandemic has continued disrupting provide chains, we’ve had increasingly producers ask us: ‘Are you able to 3D print tooling?’ At this time, we’d just like the market to know that the reply is sure — we may also help de-risk your provide chains and make them extra sustainable, with much less transport and different types of waste. Our new tooling portfolio is a grand slam of quick and reasonably priced new tooling choices for producers.”
A number of prospects at the moment are utilizing ExOne’s binder jet 3D printed tooling choices, together with Sweden-based Celwise AB, which is utilizing X1 MetalTool 316L for an progressive molded fiber software detailed in today’s simultaneous release. Moreover, North American Mold in Auburn Hills, Michigan, has preliminarily confirmed out X1 MetalTool 420i and 316L for each injection molding and blow molding purposes and can function an ongoing growth companion to ExOne on these purposes, with broad business readiness anticipated within the first half of 2022.
A Quick and Versatile Tooling Portfolio
In all, producers can now leverage six new and reasonably priced tooling purposes from ExOne.
For Plastic Manufacturing
- X1 MetalTool – This all-new 3D printed metallic tooling choice has handed preliminary exams to interchange normal metal or aluminum tooling for plastic injection molding, blow molding, and different plastic and foam forming purposes. X1 MetalTool is obtainable in 420i, a extremely sturdy and reasonably priced steel-bronze matrix, in addition to 316L chrome steel, M2 instrument metal, and extra. This tooling will be end machined, acid etched and polished to a diamond end, and is presently perfect for advanced inserts. ExOne is presently in search of further growth companions to broaden sturdiness testing of this product line.
- X1 ThermoForm – A 3D printed sand kind is infiltrated with a sturdy resin and coated to create small- to large-format molds for a wide range of thermoforming purposes, comparable to vacuum forming, compression molds, foam molding, and extra.
For Composite Manufacturing
- X1 Layup – A 3D printed sand kind is infiltrated with a sturdy resin and coated for high-precision, high-temperature composite layup purposes. X1 Layup gives dimensional tolerances of +/- 0.025” and tooling will be precision machined to +/- 0.005” if wanted.
- X1 Washout – This 3D printed sacrificial tooling washes out with faucet water after conventional layup and autoclaving of composite supplies, together with carbon fiber. X1 Washout is a sand kind 3D printed with a water-soluble binder and floor coated. Supreme for ducting, mandrels and different designs with trapped geometries.
For Steel Manufacturing
- X1 SandCast – ExOne is the longtime market chief in promoting 3D printers for sand molds and cores for metalcasting. Sandcastings will be delivered in a wide range of sand sorts and binders, together with sustainable inorganic formulation for high-quality aluminum castings.
- X1 MetalTool – Along with plastic forming purposes, X1 MetalTool can be used to immediately 3D print end-of-arm tooling, and rugged perishable or consumable reducing instruments in a wide range of metals, together with instrument steels.
- X1 DieMold – Nonetheless in growth, rugged die molds 3D printed in H13 instrument metal are presently fast-tracked with a number of world producers after passing proof of idea exams.
Versatile Tooling Choices and Sizes
Producers can now buy X1 Tooling merchandise immediately from ExOne by means of the corporate’s ExOne Adoption Facilities — or producers should buy a 3D printer for tooling purposes.
Sizing choices fluctuate for the kind of tooling as detailed beneath:
- All sand- and sand-infiltrated instruments, which incorporates X1 ThermoForm, X1 Layup, X1 Washout, X1 SandCast, are produced within the construct quantity of ExOne S-Max® sequence printers: 1800 x 1000 x 700 mm (70.9 x 39.four x 27.6 in.). The printed sections can be segmented and assembled collectively earlier than epoxy infiltration to make even bigger instruments.
- Presently, all X1 MetalTool and X1 DieMold instruments are 3D printed in an X1 25Professional® construct quantity of 400 x 250 x 250 mm (15.75 x 9.84 x 9.84 in), with growth underway to 3D print tooling choices within the X1 160Professional™, which gives a construct quantity of 800 x 500 x 400 mm (31.5 x 19.7 x 15.eight in).
What’s Binder Jet 3D Printing?
ExOne’s binder jet 3D printing transforms powdered supplies — metallic, sand or ceramic — into extremely dense and practical precision components at excessive speeds.
An industrial printhead selectively deposits a binder right into a mattress of powder particles making a strong half one skinny layer at a time, just like printing on sheets of paper. When printing metals, the ultimate certain metallic half should be sintered in a furnace to fuse the particles collectively right into a strong object. ExOne now delivers excessive densities of larger than 97% for many metals, in keeping with Steel Injection Molding or gravity castings.
Binder jet 3D printing expertise is considered as a fascinating and sustainable manufacturing technique, largely due to its excessive velocity, low waste and price, in addition to materials flexibility.
For extra info, go to www.exone.com/X1Tooling
ExOne is the pioneer and world chief in binder jet 3D printing expertise. Since 1995, we’ve been on a mission to ship highly effective 3D printers that clear up the hardest issues and allow world-changing improvements. Our 3D printing methods shortly rework powder supplies — together with metals, ceramics, composites and sand — into precision components, metalcasting molds and cores, and progressive tooling options. Industrial prospects use our expertise to save lots of money and time, cut back waste, enhance their manufacturing flexibility, and ship designs and merchandise that have been as soon as inconceivable. As residence to the world’s main group of binder jetting specialists, ExOne additionally gives specialised 3D printing companies, together with on-demand manufacturing of mission-critical components, in addition to engineering and design consulting. Be taught extra about ExOne at www.exone.com or on Twitter at @ExOneCo. We invite you to hitch with us to #MakeMetalGreen™.